The International Motor Car Company, of London, England, was not related in any way to the more famous International Harvester Company of the United States. Nor did they build this car, or rather any cars at all. The products of the British International concern were built to their order by firms in France and England and then given the International name and proudly sold in the United Kingdom.
The Charette was manufactured in Coventry by the Allard Company, which had previously built tricycles and cars under their own label from 1899 until 1902, using engines based on the tried-and-true de Dion design. This model featured a water-cooled engine that was mounted in the front (still very advanced for 1901) and drove the rear wheels via two leather belts.